The nuns, monks, devotees, members, and friends of the Vedanta Society of Southern California pay tribute to the memory of Swami Vivekananda on his birthday by conducting an Annual Food Drive. We collect non-perishable food items and give them to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. The Food Bank collects and distributes food to individuals and over 900 charitable organizations throughout Los Angeles County. Please bring new, unopened, non-perishable food items to the Hollywood bookshop starting on Sunday January 19. If you have questions, please contact Swami Mahayogananda (email@example.com).
Suitable Offerings for the Food Bank
- All food items much be unopened and non-perishable.
- All cans must have labels, and must not be dented or rusted.
- All packages must be factory sealed.
- We focus on collecting food items that are as healthy as possible—whole grain, low sugar, low fat, less processed foods.
See this chart from the food bank for details.
- Financial Contributions are also welcome. You can make checks out to the Vedanta Society, marking the memo line with “Food Drive”.
- You may also donate online. Be sure to include a message that your donation is intended for the food drive.